A Big Holiday for Little PeopleThe “family-friendly” mountain is particularly suitable for a holiday with children. Not only because of the wonderful panoramas and possibilities for interesting walks (which also appeal to children) through woods and fields, which the Ritten narrow gauge railway provides, but also because these holiday days can be the best days of the year for the whole family.
The Family Hotels on the Ritten offer, as well as family- and child-friendly facilities, special programmes which particularly please the young guests. From May to November, in daily programmes for children, fun and games are the principal aim.
Criteria for Family Hotels on the Ritten
What do you find in the hotels, holiday apartments and farm houses under this rubric?
- Good locality, suitable for families.
- Price reductions up to 50% for children up to the age of 14, depending on the type of accommodation.
- Special offers for families before and after high season.
- Facilities for families in rooms and apartments (cots, children’s beds, baby monitors, bottle warmers, bathroom stools, baby baths, racks for drying clothes, child toilet seats, potties, nappy changers and pails, laundry service or laundry possibilities), and in holiday apartments high chairs, strollers or child carriers.
- A playroom or play corner with different games for families.
- A safe playground, protected from the road, with at least three pieces of equipment.
- In establishments offering food:
Children’s crockery and cutlery, high chairs, bibs and paper placemats that can be drawn upon.
- Weekly programmes displayed on a bulletin board.
- Children’s programmes, with supervision, five days a week from May to November.
- Information binder with tips for families.
- Babysitting service on request.
- Inspection for these criteria every 2 years.